A full septic inspection can provide many details into the health of a home’s waste management system. In most cases a septic inspection is not included in the scope of work of a general home inspection, at Foundation & Up this service is offered on top of our general home inspection for an additional cost (Rates). We have broken the cost down into testing and tank exposure.
Looking for a new to you home? It is fundamental that a septic inspection be performed to avoid potential costly repairs or replacement. Based on location of the home, the cost for repairs or replacement of a system can be thousands of dollars.
We generally recommend doing a general home inspection first and a septic inspection if the home meets your needs otherwise, though both can generally be done in conjunction.
A septic inspection includes:
- a visual inspection of the accessible areas of the interior of the septic tank
- a visual and intrusive inspection of the field bed as required
- water absorption test of the drainage bed
- inspection of the home’s interior waste water system
- distances from site features
For more information please feel free to contact us. or go to the Ontario Onsite Wastewater Association.